I absolutely adore books and love it when publishers and authors approach me to review their book. Of course my love for books far outreach my ability to read them all so I am unable to accept as many review books as I used to.
Book Journey Review Policy
Policy written 7/29/09
My name is Sheila and I live in Central Minnesota. I have always been a lover of books and writing and enjoy chatting up books whenever possible.
Thank you for considering me to review your book. I currently receive a large amount of requests to review books and of course as much as I would like to accept ever book, my book reviewing is just a part of my life and I must leave time for other things as well – like work, and volunteering, and home, and friends, and family. This review policy was put together so you can see if I am the right fit for your book.
If I do agree to review your book and finish the read I will put together an honest post with links to Goodreads and Amazon as well as any person website the author/publisher may wish to have linked.
Please note that I am no longer able to respond to every email request, if it is a book I feel will fit with my schedule and I want to read I usually respond within a couple of days of receiving. If you do not hear a response from me you are right to believe the book was not going to fit into my schedule. If you choose to do so, request a review again.
1. When offering me a book the more information the better. I like to see the cover, know the synopsis,and have a link to where I can see it online. The more information you can give me about the book, the more likely I will be to consider it.
2. I accept very few e books and I do not read books on my computer. I own a NOOK. I do not have a KINDLE.
3. I do book tours for books I wish to read.
4. I enjoy reading Historical Fiction, Women’s Fiction, Young Adult (YA), Christian fiction and non fiction, Mystery, Cultural Fiction and Non Fiction, Literary Fiction, Children’s reads, Chick Lit (some), Fantasy, Dystopia, Apocalyptic, True Crime,
Memoirs * see 5a
5. I do not read Romance, Horror, Poetry, Erotica. I do not enjoy books with a lot of foul language, extreme sexual content ,or strong graphic violence.
*5a. As of 2012, I will no longer (in most cases) accept memoirs, or any book written by the author about the authors life. These books are too hard to review and are too personal to the author. The only time I will review memoirs is if I purchase them myself.
6. If I review your book I will give an honest review. I do not guarantee a favorable review, if I find the book not to my liking I will give a reason in my review why so my readers can understand. I always encourage my readers to try a book anyway, even if it was not to my liking. I try to connect my readers to author websites, book related contests, a synopsis of what the book is about, and then what I thought of the book. I will post my review to my blog, Good Reads and to Amazon. I will send my review to other companies upon your request. I may try to arrange an author chat or other ideas. Here is an example of a review of a book I thoroughly enjoyed: click here
7. I no longer can guarantee when I can read your book. I work 30+ hours a week as a Family Life Administrator, love the outdoors (biking, rollerblading, kayaking…), and enjoy spending time with family and friends, as well as a little travel. **If you need your book read and reviewed in a certain time frame please make those arrangements with me prior to sending me a book. PLEASE – once you have sent me a book do not email me continuously asking when I can review the book. Read through #7 carefully and be sure you understand I can make no guarantees on a time frame.
8. Accepting to review your book does not guarantee a review. I try to choose books to review that I believe I will enjoy, however occasionally there will be a book that I just am unable to get into for whatever reason.
9. Author chats are set up by me for authors I really would like to discuss their book further with. I do not do Author Chats with authors I have not read, or with authors I have not requested a chat from. Please do not request an author chat with me unless you know I have read your book.
I am very active in the blogging community and currently receive around an average of 750 visitors a day. I enjoy starting bookish conversation with those who comments and currently have over 761,000 views and 77,151 comments (not including my own) since I started with this review site in June 2009. Many people have told me they have purchased books off my recommendations and reviews. I enjoy taking with authors, attending book festivals, and I attended BEA (Book Expo America) in New York in 2010,2011, 2012. I have been on Book Panels for events in Minnesota and write book reviews for a local magazine called Her Voice.. I will also be returning to BEA in 2013.
Thank you for considering me to review your book.